Monday, April 29, 2013

Self Discovery in Solitude


"Solitude vivifies, isolation kills" (Abbé Joseph Roux)   

   It’s surprising the things you learn about yourself when you’re left to your own devices for more than a couple of hours. Its day three of being on my own while everyone else is away visiting home and I’ve discovered I become a lazy slob, usually I’m pretty on the ball when it comes to keeping stuff clean, especially the kitchen. As it turns out, when there is no one around to impress other than myself I keep pretty low standards. 

It's not quite that bad, but it may be getting there.
   Also, I apparently gain the ability to neglect eating in favour of other activities. When there is no one around who may also want to eat I decide that it’s perfectly ok to spend 6 hours playing video games, or three hours writing backdated blog posts. So I guess it isn’t all bad, maybe I’ll pioneer the ‘leave it alone diet!’ :P 

   Finally, it's hilarious and frustrating when you're baby sitting a cat and bunny who get along well enough to be in the same room, but the cat has boundary issues so he's always trying to get into the bunny's cage. The end result is a frustrated bunny and a stuck cat. (The problem was solved though so no frantic emails detailing solutions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment