When I was in high school I had my whole life planned out. Once I got into University for Computer Engineering I’d go off and do computer stuff all the time. Then I realized that Computer stuff mostly involved looking at code all day and decided that ‘some sort of science’ would probably work. I ended up studying Economics in university and now work at a library. Not to say that planning is always bad, just than an excess of it is likely to lead to undue stress.
An area that definitely benefits from planning is meal
management. I work in what is apparently described as a ‘middle shift’, unlike
a night shift (which is what I thought I was doing) I come in sometime after
lunch and stay until sometime before midnight. Due to this I usually need to
plan to eat something for supper. While I could go out and find some fast food
nearby, it would be prohibitive as I usually lack non-student back up to cover
while I’m away, and it would get expensive fast.
Due to this, I usually find myself having to plan out what I
want to eat over the weekend, and prepare some of it then. Generally I cook a
meal on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and coast on the leftovers for the rest of
the week. There are usually some shortcuts, a side of potatoes, when cooked en
masse can last over many meals, and veggies can usually be eaten raw or the
prepared the day of. Generally, I really just have to focus on a main. I try to
make my meals relatively balanced, so I plan for some sort of protein based
main, a side that can be starchy, grainy or milky and then a vegetable side.
Sometimes I get lucky and I can smoosh many of these things together, like when
I made stuffed peppers, but usually I need a little more forethought. ![]() |
| I try to plan a little further than this... usually. |
Predictably this backfired hilariously as it is now Tuesday and all I’m left with is Split Pea Soup! Fortunately the way my schedule breaks down I don’t need anything for Wednesday (as I have a big lunch when I get to work from French class and then just have a sandwich or something for supper) and Friday I usually just have a sandwich as it’s a dayish shift. So that just leaves Thursday in which I guess I’ll be having soup.
![]() |
| I hope you enjoy that all your meals consist of 80% water! |
![]() |
| Maybe I can compromise. |



No comments:
Post a Comment