Friday, March 1, 2013

Addendum


I had hoped to add more posts to the blog than this, but it’s funny how life gets in the way. I was walking home from work last week and I fell and sprained my leg rather severely. While it’s recovered now, I haven’t been able to put much thought into a blog post despite an abundance of ideas. I’ve always wanted to include posts about food that Sarah or I have made, but it’s something that I never think of until after the finished product comes out great. This past weekend would have been the perfect opportunity as we made three loaves of bread, bread pudding, our own pizza, vegetable chowder and finally Chicken Pot Pie with homemade biscuits.

I think it is one of those learning opportunities about running a blog. It can either be a hobby, where you just post whatever you feel like whenever you feel like. It can also be a commitment, where you buckle down and declare that you will post along certain topic lines or at least according to some sort of schedule. Where this blog doesn't exactly have a feel yet, I am reluctant to put anything on concrete terms for now. 

Where I was on a more routine daily schedule or I used a book to collect thoughts, or could pin down my writing so that my posts were not 2000 word monstrosities, perhaps I could post more. In the meantime I think I will continue the way it has been going in hopes that over time I get establish a consistent writing style that will hopefully make this blog as fun to read as it is to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment